Welcome to HealthSource Medical Clinic. To help us serve you better, please take a moment to read the following information about the clinic and policies.
Scheduling and Office Appointments
To help us stay on schedule and minimize wait times, please arrive on time for your appointment and ensure that you ask the receptionist to book extra time (if needed).
Unexpected emergencies may arise and cause delays. Please be patient if this happens.
New Patient Visits / Preventative Assessments
- The objectives of this visit are for us to become acquainted with one another, to review your health history and the health history of your family and go over the clinic policies.
Regular and Follow-Up Appointments.
- As HealthSource Medical Clinic values your time, patients in the Family Health Organization will be permitted to bring forth more than one issue per visit, however if more time is needed, it is asked that the patient request for this when booking the appointment.
- If you have a mental health concern to discuss, please tell the receptionist when you book your appointment so that extra time is allotted for your visit.
Periodic Health Exams (“Complete Physicals”)
- This visit is dedicated to doing a comprehensive health review and physical exam.
- If you call in and need to be seen urgently (for example, if you are too sick to write an exam you have that day), please tell the receptionist and we will do our very best to accommodate you with a same-day appointment.
- We do not issue reminder calls. If for some reason you forget your appointment time, please feel free to call ahead of the day of your appointment and we can confirm the exact time.
- Appointments not cancelled at least 24 hours in advance are charged to the patient at a rate of $40 plus HST for regular visits and $60 plus HST for physicals. This is a clinic-wide policy that applies to all patients.
We do not tolerate rude and abusive behaviour towards clinic staff. This may result in your dismissal from the practice.
After Hours and Urgent Care
Whenever possible, we ask our patients to avoid the use of other walk-in clinics, as they do not have your medical history and do not send reports to our office. Your Physician has opened up extra after-hours slots to provide you with access and options so that you can conveniently access one of our physicians in the HealthSource Family Health Organization. If you call our office with an emergency and your Physician is not available, every effort will be made for you to see another Physician in the clinic. Note: If you decide to go to a walk-in instead, the Ministry of Health will notify your Physician and your access to after-hours care in the clinic may be revoked.
If you have a more serious problem, such as chest pain or a suspected stroke, please call 911 or go to the nearest Emergency Department.
- We refill some prescriptions over the Avocare/fax at the discretion of your Family Doctor. A $25 plus HST fee will apply, unless you’ve subscribed to the Annual Fee Plan.
- In some instances where your care can be compromised, you may be asked to book an appointment to review your medications before a refill can be issued.
- It is requested that you please:
- Anticipate your prescription renewals and book an appointment before you run out.
- Ask for renewals at each visit.
- Bring your medications to every appointment.
- There may be some instances where your Family Doctor can/may call you to assist with your medical issue without a physical examination. In these instances, you will be asked to schedule a window of time for the doctor to call you. Please make every effort to ensure your contact information is up-to-date and you are available during the telephone appointment slot.
- Receptionists are not qualified to offer medical advice, however may be given authorization to contact you on behalf of your Family Doctor.
- To ensure proper care, please discuss the situation with the reception when asking for an appointment vs. calling for health advice.
- All test results are reviewed by a doctor in the clinic.
- We kindly ask patients to follow up on their test results if they do not receive a message within 2-3 weeks of test completion.
- Some services are not covered by OHIP. The payment for these is your responsibility and are subject to HST. The clinic also offers a yearly Block Fee which covers a majority of uninsured services. Kindly review the list of uninsured services available at the front reception or inquire with your physician.