What is compression hosiery?
Medical gradient compression stockings are designed to improve venous and lymphatic blood flow. They come in various styles such as trouser socks, knee or thigh high stockings, or pantyhose. Most extended health care benefit plans have coverage for compression hosiery and a prescription from your medical doctor is usually required.
Can you benefit from compression hosiery?
Answering yes to any one of these would make someone a potential candidate for compression hosiery.
- Do you experience tired or aching legs?
- Do you experience swollen feet, ankles, or legs?
- Do you sit or stand for long periods of time during the day?
- Are you an expectant mother?
- Do you have varicose veins?
- Do you have a family history of venous leg disorders?
Reasons for wearing Compression Hosiery are:
- Less fatigued legs at the end of the day
- Improved circulation provides more energy
- Reduced swelling and discomfort in the lower extremities
- Reduced risk of blood clot formation
- Reduced risk of and prevention of venous and lymphatic disease
- Improved leg sensation
- Healing of ulcers