What are custom-made orthotics?
Custom-made orthotics look like regular shoes inserts you can buy at a pharmacy, however, they are custom-made to your feet. They correct structural problems with your feet, provide shock absorption and appropriate support to your feet thereby relieving pain and reducing abnormal forces and stresses in your feet, ankles, shins, knees, hips and low back.
Are custom-made orthotics right for you?
Answering yes to any of the questions below makes you a potential candidate for orthotic therapy:
- Are your feet sore on a regular basis?
- Do you have heel pain on a regular basis?
- Do you spend a good portion of the day walking or standing?
- Do you play sports regularly?
- Does walking or running result in joint pain (ankle, knee, hip, or back)?
- Do you have visible foot problems (bunions, fallen arches, calluses, corns)?
- Do your feet “toe-out” or “toe-in” when you walk?
What conditions can custom-made orthotics treat?
- plantar fasciitis
- shin splints
- morton’s neuroma
- achilles tendonitis
- ankle pain
- knee pain
- iliotibial-band syndrome
- low back pain
- sacroiliac joint pain
What are some benefits of custom-made orthotics?
- restored balance and alignment to your body
- injury prevention
- better shock absorption
- improved comfort and stability
- pain relief
Important questions to know before purchasing orthotics:
- Do you require a prescription from your medical doctor?
- How much is your orthotic coverage?
- How often are you covered?
- Can a chiropractor dispense your orthotics?