We would like to update you on our screening procedures. All patients requesting appointments will screened for:
1. Recent travel outside Canada; and/or
2. Upper respiratory symptoms such as sore throat or cough; and/or
3. Any ONE of the following:
- Fever > 38 degrees Celsius
- Underlying Health Condition
- Age > 60 years old
- Sent in by Public Health for contact with Positive Covid-19 Patient
- High Risk Profession (Hospital Staff, Paramedics, Fire Department, Police)
If you are having symptoms of respiratory infection, please reach out to our clinic through Avocare or phone if unsure if you should go to a novel Coronavirus testing assessment centre. Our clinic will be increasing the use of telephone and/or video conference appointments wherever possible, however ask that you ensure your email and phone number(s) on file are up to date. Please note you may be contacted to move your future appointment(s) to a different method or time slot, or, if non-urgent (for example, your annual physical), your appointment may need to be rescheduled.
New novel Coronavirus testing assessment centres have opened including:
- Humber River Hospital Reactivation Care Centre (RCC) – Finch site @ 2111 Finch Avenue West (open Monday to Friday): https://www.hrh.ca/covid-19/
- William Osler Hospital @ 20 Lynch Street Brampton (open 7 days a week): http://www.williamoslerhs.ca/patients-and-families/preparing-for-your-visit-or-stay/coronavirus-information-for-patients-families/assessment-centre-for-covid-19
- Toronto East General Michael Garon Hospital @ 825 Coxwell Avenue (open 7 days a week, by appointment via 416-469-6858 only): https://www.tehn.ca/programs-services/covid-19-assessment-centre
- North York General (coming soon)
- Women’s College Hospital (coming soon)
*More to be added soon, please check our website for updates.
We encourage all patients to register for Avocare to ensure you allow your doctor to contact you securely and to share information with you about your health and/or live updates on clinic operations.
If a video conferencing appointment is needed by your doctor, you will be asked to review the Your E-Visit Appointment for additional information. You also may be asked to download the Pexip Infinity Connect app on your smart phone.
For information on the novel Coronovirus, the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) is continually updating their website: Travel Health Notices and Public Health Ontario’s fact sheet is helpful: Public Health Resources March 11 2020.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
The Team at HS Medical
(last updated March 14, 2020)